This is just a post related to the absolute gazillions of negative commentary about night shift.
1. Teamwork, less backstabbing and sarcasm
2. Shift differential
3. Meals and showers are generally already done.
4. The 3am giggles
5. Never need a sitter (elementary kids + older)
6. The traffic is nonexistent
7. Superheroes work at night (Batman, Green Arrow, Daredevil, Dark Angel)
8. Putting small gifts at pt bedsides Christmas Eve/Halloween for those who celebrate and then get to go home and spend morning with family
9. Sleeping out in a hammock (under a shady tree!) to get Vitamin D
10. Sending family to work/school and having house to myself.
11. Night shift is full of really crazy or crazy sick pts. Either way, it’s a good time.
You can disagree with me or do your night shifts/sleeping differently, and that’s great. I love night shift. I’m hooked.