How to Apply for an Australian Skilled Migration Visa
Step-by-Step Guide to Checking Your Eligibility for Australia
The Australian government has a points-based system for determining who is eligible to immigrate to the country. This means that you’ll need to score a certain number of points in order to be eligible for a visa.
The good news is that there are a number of factors that can contribute to your points score, including your age, education, work experience, English language proficiency, and whether or not you have a partner or dependents.
- Search for your occupation. Go to the Office of Immigration Australia website: https://www.immigrationsaustralia.com.au/eligibility-assess/ and search for your occupation on the Australian Skilled Occupation / Shortage List.
- Complete the Online Eligibility Assessment. Once you have found your occupation, click on the “Take the Online Migration Assessment” button. The assessment will take about 5 minutes to complete.
- Get your results. After completing the assessment, you will receive your results immediately. You will be provided with a point score, and you will be told whether or not you are eligible to apply for an Australian Skilled Migration Visa.
Here are some additional details about the eligibility assessment:
- You must score a minimum of 65 points to be eligible to apply for an Australian Skilled Migration Visa.
- Your point score will be based on factors such as your age, education, work experience, English language proficiency, and whether or not you have a partner or dependents.
- If you are not eligible to apply for an Australian Skilled Migration Visa, you may still be eligible for other types of visas.