International Applicants: How to Apply to Colgate University
Colgate University is a private liberal arts college located in Hamilton, New York. It is ranked among the top liberal arts colleges in the United States, and it is known for its rigorous academic programs and vibrant student life.
Colgate welcomes applications from international students from all over the world. The application process is the same for both domestic and international students, but there are a few additional requirements that international students must meet.
International applicants must submit the following materials:
- Online application
- Official high school transcript
- Standardized test scores (SAT or ACT)
- Midyear grades (if currently in the final year of secondary school)
- Predicted final grades (if midyear grades are not available)
- Final transcript (upon completion of secondary school)
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test (DET) score (if not a native English speaker)
- CSS Profile (for financial aid applicants)
English Proficiency Requirements
International applicants who are not native English speakers must submit a TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test (DET) score. The most successful applicants generally score a composite above 100 on the TOEFL iBT, a seven on the IELTS examination, or a 130 on the Duolingo English Test.
Colgate University meets 100% of every admitted student’s demonstrated financial need, including international students. To be considered for financial aid, international applicants must submit the CSS Profile by the application deadline.
How to Apply