How to Apply to the University of Rochester Graduate Program in Chemistry
Application Deadline: December 15, 2023
Application Fee: None
- Full tuition scholarships and living stipends are guaranteed for all chemistry graduate students.
- The department provides entering students with a professional development and travel allowance to present their research at a scientific meeting.
- The University also has several merit fellowships for which students become eligible at various times throughout their studies.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must take the TOEFL or IELTS to demonstrate English language proficiency.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose
- Transcripts (electronic copies of either unofficial or official transcripts are accepted)
- Letters of recommendation (three letters required)
- Submit your online application by the December 15 deadline.
- Attach your statement of purpose and transcripts to the online application.
- Provide the names and contact information for your three letter writers.
Tips for Writing a Strong Statement of Purpose:
- Explain why you are interested in graduate study at the University of Rochester and in the chemistry program specifically.
- Describe your research experiences and future research goals.
- Identify at least three faculty members in the chemistry department whose research interests align with your own.
- Explain why you would be a good fit for the chemistry program and for each of the faculty members you have identified.
Contact the Graduate Studies Coordinator if you have any questions.
- The department provides a variety of resources to help students succeed, including research opportunities, teaching assistantships, and professional development workshops.
- The chemistry program at the University of Rochester is highly ranked and has a strong reputation for producing graduates who go on to successful careers in academia, industry, and government.