Job Seeker Visa in Portugal: How to Apply and What You Need to Know
The Job Seeker Visa in Portugal allows you to enter and stay in the country for up to 120 days in order to look for a job. During this time, you are authorized to work in a subordinate position. Once you have found a job, you can apply for a residence permit.
To apply for a Job Seeker Visa, you will need to provide the following documentation:
- A completed visa application form
- A valid passport or travel document
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Proof of regular status in your home country
- A criminal record certificate
- Valid travel insurance
- Proof of financial resources
- A declaration with indication of the conditions for the estimated stay
- Proof of presentation of a declaration of expression of interest for enrolment in the IEFP
If you are unable to provide proof of financial resources, you may be able to waive this requirement by providing a term of responsibility from a Portuguese citizen or a foreign citizen with legal residence in Portugal. The signatory of the responsibility term must also prove to have financial capacity.
Once you have submitted your application, it will be processed by the Portuguese Immigration and Border Services (SEF). If your application is approved, you will be issued a Job Seeker Visa. This visa will allow you to enter and stay in Portugal for up to 120 days.
During your stay in Portugal, you will be able to look for a job and apply for a residence permit. If you are able to find a job and obtain a residence permit, you will be able to stay in Portugal for longer.
Here are some additional tips for applying for a Job Seeker Visa in Portugal:
- Start the application process early. The processing time for a Job Seeker Visa can take several weeks.
- Be sure to provide all of the required documentation. Any missing documentation may delay your application.
- Learn about the Portuguese job market before you arrive. This will help you to find a job more quickly.
- Network with people in your field. This is a great way to learn about job openings and to meet potential employers.
I hope this information is helpful. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.