Applications are inviting for Oxford-Indira Gandhi Graduate Scholarships for Indian Students. These fully-funded Scholarships are available for pursuing graduate degree level at University of Oxford. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit. The scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs. Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course. The application deadline is 9 or 23 January 2015, depending on your course.
- Scholarships are provided to learn any of the courses offered by the University of Oxford.
- Scholarships are available for pursuing graduate degree level at University of Oxford.
- Somerville College and the University of Oxford with the generous support of the Government of India is providing these Scholarships.
Eligibility: -You should be applying to start a new graduate course at Oxford.
-You must be ordinarily resident in India or have previously studied at an Indian higher education institution.
-Applications for Oxford-Indira Gandhi DPhil Scholarships are welcome from candidates whose proposed area of study is relevant to the Centre’s agenda of inter-disciplinary research on sustainable development and India. The Centre focuses on a series of impact themes: food and water security, energy, environmental conservation, medical research and healthcare, law, governance and gender (e.g. the empowerment of women). Independent proposals on any India-related theme that fits within the overall aims of the Centre are welcome.
-Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, relevance to the Centre’s inter-disciplinary aim, as well as on applicants’ understanding of the development challenges faced by India, and their leadership and entrepreneurial potential.
-Please ensure that you meet the selection criteria for your course (see the Courses page for more information).
-This scholarship is not open to applications from candidates who hold deferred offers to start in 2015-16.
-If your scholarship is offered for a course lasting more than one year, the continuation of your scholarship each year is subject to an annual renewal process based upon satisfactory academic progress.
The students of India can apply for these scholarships.
The Oxford Graduate Scholarships have been established through a groundbreaking new matched funding initiative to enable the creation of fully-funded scholarships for graduate students of the highest calibre from across the world. 2013-14 saw the first Oxford Graduate Scholars begin their studies. Scholarships are awarded to applicants who have demonstrated excellent academic ability, who will contribute to the University’s groundbreaking research, and who will go on to contribute to the world as leaders in their field, pushing the frontiers of knowledge. The University contributes 40% of the funds for these scholarships, together with 60% from generous donations provided by numerous supporters of the University and its colleges.
- Up to 3 scholarships are offered.
- Scholarships are offered for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
- The scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £13,863).
- Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- Decisions are expected to be made around April 2015.
- There is no separate application process for this scholarship: in order to be considered, you must submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course (9 January 2015 for Medical Sciences, Philosophy, Politics & International Relations and Computer Science; 23 January 2015 for all other subjects). If you do not apply by the deadline, you will not be considered for this scholarship.
The application deadline is 9 or 23 January 2015, depending on your course.