Africa Scholarship Programme for Talented and Motivated African Students
The Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) is a fully-funded scholarship program offered by Wageningen University in the Netherlands to talented and motivated students from Africa. The program aims to support capacity building in Africa by attracting excellent students to pursue a Master’s degree at Wageningen University.
- Full tuition fee coverage for the duration of the Master’s program (24 months)
- Living allowance for the duration of the program (24 months)
- Travel to and from the Netherlands
- Visa costs and costs for health insurance
- A budget for one seminar in Europe (travel, stay, registration fee)
- Applicants must be citizens of an African country.
- Applicants must have applied for one of the Master’s programs at Wageningen University & Research before the deadline of February 1st, 2024.
- Applicants must have been unconditionally admitted to the Master’s program.
- Applicants must be excellent and proven top 5% students with a First class honours degree and a GPA of 80% or higher in a Bachelor degree.
The selection procedure for the ASP is based on invitation. Only applicants who meet all of the eligibility requirements will be invited to participate in the selection procedure.
The selection procedure consists of two stages:
- Written assignment: Applicants will be invited to write an assignment on a topic related to their field of study.
- Online interview: A selected group of applicants will be invited to participate in an online interview with a committee of Wageningen University staff.
- February 1st, 2024: Deadline to apply for an MSc programme
- March 21st, 2024: Invitation of selected candidates to take part in the further selection process (approx. 40 candidates will be selected)
- April 4th, 2024: Deadline of the assignment
- April 17th, 2024: Decision about invitation online interviews communicated (approx. 20 candidates will be interviewed)
- April 23rd – May 3rd, 2024: MS Teams interviews
- May 13th, 2024: Results of the selection process communicated
How to Apply
To apply for the Africa Scholarship Programme, interested applicants must first apply for one of the Master’s programs at Wageningen University & Research before the deadline of February 1st, 2024. Applicants who are unconditionally admitted to the Master’s program will be automatically considered for the ASP.